a town in Czech Republic; site of the battle of Austerlitz in 1805
a decisive battle during the Napoleonic campaigns (1805); the French under Napoleon defeated the Russian armies of Czar Alexander I and the Austrian armies of Emperor Francis II
- I remember his fatuous and limited face on the field of Austerlitz.
- Kutuzov was staying in a small nobleman's castle near Austerlitz.
- He passed his time in expecting a pink or in recalling Austerlitz.
- On December 2, he smashed the Austrain and Russian armies at Austerlitz.
- Give him a pike, he will produce the 10th of August,give him a gun,you will have Austerlitz.
- A mason returning from his day's work, left behind him a little package on a bench near the bridge of Austerlitz.