a member of one of a group of Semitic peoples inhabiting Aram and parts of Mesopotamia from the 11th to the 8th century BC
of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language
- And Jacob deceived Laban the Aramaean by not telling him that he was fleeing.
- And Jacob went away secretly, without giving news of his flight to Laban the Aramaean.
- And Isaac sent Jacob away, and he went to Paddan-aram, to Laban the son of Bethuel the Aramaean, the brother of Rebekah, Jacob's and Esau's mother.
- And God came to Laban the Aramaean in a dream of the night and said to him, Be careful that you do not speak to Jacob either good or bad.
- So Isaac sent Jacob away: and he went to Paddan-aram, to Laban, son of Bethuel the Aramaean, the brother of Rebekah, the mother of Jacob and Esau.
- Though the Aramaean army was small, Yahweh delivered into its power an army of great size for they had abandoned him, the God of their ancestors.